I’ve decided to share a few magical self-care rituals that keep me cozy and content through the autumn/winter months. It’s so important to carve out time to nurture our bodies and souls during the rush and bustle of the holidays. Each of these takes less than half an hour, so schedule the time–you are worth it, and we all know a little cozy goes a long way.
The first is a potion I use whenever I am feeling run down or like I might be getting sick. It’s a low-calorie, high-protein, delicious snack packed with vital minerals and immune boosters. I make this at least once a week during the cold and flu season, and it works like a charm!
Combine the following ingredients and bring to a simmer in the cauldron:
- 2C Organic Chicken Bone Broth (bonus if it’s homemade)
- ½ TSP Turmeric
- ½ TSP Garlic (fresh, minced, or powder)
- 1 TBSP raw sea salt or +/- to taste
Next, the power of a good long soak cannot be overstated. It relaxes the muscles and calms the mind. Here is a way to take your next bath up a notch with a little sprinkle of witchery:
- Add 1 C of epsom salt. Magnesium is a vital mineral that is best absorbed through the skin and has bonus softening properties.
- Add 9 drops of your favorite essential oil. I recommend lavender, rose, chamomile, or mint, but play with any combination you love.
- Bring some crystals in the bath with you. Rose quartz for self-love, amethyst for tranquility, clear quartz for cleansing & clarity.
- Combine with candles and some relaxing music for a truly spiritual experience.
Finally, I love to give myself time to reflect and set intentions each month coinciding with the phases of the moon. This grounding practice ensures I’m moving through the hectic times with a sense of purpose and peace. Combining this journal practice with meditation really amps up the magick!
Journal Prompts for the New Moon:
- What do I need for myself/in my life that I have not been getting lately?
- What seeds am I planting for the next month? What do I want to manifest?
- What word/intention will best support me in this endeavor? (I return to this word like a mantra when I start to feel off kilter.)
Journal Prompts for the Full Moon:
- What has been my biggest struggle the past month?
- How can I let go of this and move past it?
- How can I show up for myself more and make sure I’m supported?
- What negative thoughts or limiting beliefs do I need to release?
You could combine all three of these things twice a month for some sacred “me” time, or use one of them when you need a quick serenity boost.
Wishing you all a joyful winter season full of magical moments!